[Skip to Content]
ALERT!! Welcome to our new website: Please be patient with us as we continue to make improvements.

Fishing License

Fishing License

Fishing License Fees

Fishing licenses are also available at most local Sporting Goods Stores.

Questions regarding fishing licenses should be directed to Susan M. Harry

PA Resident

  • Adult   (16-64) -  $ 25.47 
  • Senior Resident  (annual) - $ 13.22 
  • Senior Resident – Lifetime - $ 76.97
  • 1 Day Resident (not valid 3/15 - 4/30) - $ 13.22
  • National Guard & Armed Forces Reserve - $ 2.97
  • Annual Resident POW - $  2.97
  • 100% Disabled Veteran with DAV Card - Free


  • Adult (1 year) (16-up) - $ 56.97 
  • 7 Day Tourist (16-up) - $ 36.97  
  • 3 Day Tourist (16-up) - $ 29.47 
  • 1 Day Tourist (16-up...not valid 3/15 - 4/30) - $ 29.47           
  • Trout/Salmon Permit - $ 12.47
  • Lake Erie Permit - $ 9.97
  • Combo Trout/Salmon/Lake Erie Permit - $18.47
  • License Replacement - $  6.97 
  • Please Note: A person fishing in a lake or impoundment designated as "approved trout waters" is required to have a current trout/salmon permit if he or she takes, kills, or possesses a trout or salmon.

Resident Information

Senior Information

  • * Senior Resident Lifetime License - Issued by the Fish and Boat Commission's Headquarters and Regional offices, the County Treasurer's Office, and other authorized agents.
  • Senior Citizens may purchase a Senior Resident License or a Senior Resident Lifetime License anytime during the calendar year that they reach 65.
  • When purchasing a trout/salmon stamp for a Senior Resident Lifetime License, the stamp will be valid for the lifetime of the license holder. If lost, a new stamp will have to be purchased along with the replacement license.

Military Information

  • Military Waiver - To be eligible, an angler must be a bona fide Pennsylvania resident, be on active duty, be stationed outside of PA, and be here on authorized leave. Also, proof of requirements must be carried such as a PA driver's license, military ID card, and valid military orders showing the place of assignment and leave status. While fishing, military ID must be displayed in the same way as a fishing license.
  • Military members who are stationed in Pennsylvania under PCS orders for 6 months or more, with documentation, qualify for a resident fishing license. All others must obtain a non-resident or tourist license.
  • **Guard & Reserve members qualify for the special rate if they have been deployed overseas for at least 180 consecutive days, within the previous 24 months, with documentation.
  • Annual Resident POW License - Applicant must be a bona fide Pennsylvania resident and provide official military documentation that applicant is a former prisoner of war.
  • Senior Resident Lifetime POW License - Applicant must be a bona fide Pennsylvania resident, meet the age requirement, and provide official military documentation that applicant is a former prisoner of war.