I. CORRECTIONS NURSE
Department - Huntingdon County Prison
Supervisor - Warden
Date Revised - May 2012
II. Job Statement
This position exists to maintain a viable medical service for the Huntingdon County Prison.
III. Job Duties/Responsibilities
1. Screen inmate requests for medical service and provide appropriate service.
2. Distribute medication according to MD's orders and maintain records of medication.
3. Maintain files and charts of inmates medical histories, treatment and services.
4 Complete physical exams for inmates.
5. Assist and consult doctor about inmates medical care and implement doctors orders.
6. Meet with State Inspector concerning Prison health care.
7. On call 24 hours per day.
8. Order supplies and maintain a viable medical services department.
9. Able to react productively to change and handle additional essential duties as assigned.
IV. Job Specifications
A. Education - High school diploma or equivalent required. appropriate Nursing degree required.
B. Experience -
C. General Requirements
Good working knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment, including a typewriter and telephone.
Ability to speak and write English effectively.
Ability to type from clear copy or rough draft at a reasonable rate of speed.
Ability to communicate in an appropriate manner and get along well with others.
Ability to understand and follow complex oral and/or written instructions.
Ability to make major decisions using good judgment and acting in accordance with established policies and procedures.
D. Specific Requirements
Ability to use appropriate medical eqipment and devices.
Ability to work under stressful conditions.
Ability to work in potentially hazardous and dangerous conditions.
E. Physical Requirements
Lifting/Pushing - 3
Climbing/Balancing - 0
Stooping/Bending - 3
Standing/Walking - 5
Repetitive/Dexterity - 1
Grasping/Reaching - 3
Sitting - 3
Hearing - 5
Speaking - 5
Vision - 5
Inside - 5
Outside - 0
Cold/Heat - 0
Wet/Dry - 0
Noise/Vibrations - 0
Hazards - 0
Fumes/Dust/Odors - 0
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person