Important Curbside Recycling Information
- Mill Creek
- Mt. Union
- Three Springs Boroughs
- Shirley Township
- Walker Township
Curbside Recycling Sponsors
Garbage haulers serving the participating municipalities sponsor this Curbside Recycling Program.
For more information Park's Garbage Services - RETURNS 404
Curbside Recycling Collection Days
Collection times will be every other week and containers are to be at the curb no later than 7 a.m.
Collection Days started June 2, 2008.
- Monday- Mount Union Borough
- Tuesday- Mapleton and Mill Creek Boroughs
- Wednesdays- Alexandria and Petersburg Boroughs and Walker Township
- Friday- Orbisonia, Saltillo, Rockhill and Three Springs
Do's and Do Nots of Recycling Cardboard
- Cardboard boxes
- Pizza boxes
- Food boxes (cereal and jello boxes)
- Paper towel and toilet paper rolls
- Paperboard packages (tissue and shoe boxes)
- Remove all packaging (Styrofoam, peanuts, bubble wrap, etc).
- Flatten all boxes.
- Plastic bags
- Food soiled cardboard
- Wax-coated cardboard (milk cartons)
Do's and Do Nots of Recycling Containers
- Aluminum beverage cans
- Steel food and beverage cans
- Aerosol cans
- Plastic bottles with necks smaller than their base
- Clear, green, and brown glass food and beverage containers
- Remove caps/lids.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- It is okay to leave on labels and neck rings.
- Aluminum foil
- Scrap metal
- Plastic tubs, cups, trays, and bags, deli/take-out containers, broken glass, windows, mirror, ceramics, light bulbs, and drinking glasses
Do's and Do Nots of Recycling Paper
- Office paper of any color
- Single cut shredded paper
- Newspaper and inserts
- Magazines and catalogs
- Junk mail and envelopes
- Paper bags
- Phone books
- Remove non-paper objects from paper items.
- Cover paper with heavier objects to prevent it from blowing away.
Will NOT Accept
- Plastic bags