Huntingdon County Logo
Skip navigation links
Community Calendar
Huntingdon Information Partnership
Skip navigation links
About Us
County Departments
General Information
Related Links
Administration and FinanceExpand Administration and Finance
Court of Common Pleas
Community and Economic DevelopmentExpand Community and Economic Development
Elected OfficialsExpand Elected Officials
Health and Human ServicesExpand Health and Human Services
Information Technology
Public SafetyExpand Public Safety
County Authorities, Boards, and Commissions
News Releases
Maps and Directions
Courthouse Calendar

2012 Fishing Licenses

(Valid from January 1 - December 31)

     PA Resident  

Adult   (16-64)

$ 22.70  

Senior Resident  (annual)

$ 11.70  

Senior Resident – Lifetime

$ 51.70*

1 Day Resident (not valid 3/15 - 4/30)

$ 11.70

National Guard & Armed Forces Reserve

$  2.70**

Annual Resident POW

$  2.70

Senior Resident Lifetime POW

$  2.70

100% Disabled Veteran with DAV Card



Adult (1 year) (16-up)

$ 52.70  

7 Day Tourist (16-up)

$ 34.70  

3 Day Tourist (16-up)

$ 26.70  

1 Day Tourist (16-up...not valid 3/15 - 4/30)

$ 26.70


Trout/Salmon Stamp 


Lake Erie Stamp 


Combo Trout/Salmon/Lake Erie Stamp 


License Replacement 

$  6.70  

Please Note: A person fishing in a lake or impoundment designated as "approved trout waters" is required to have a current trout/salmon permit if he or she takes, kills, or possesses a trout or salmon.
     Senior Information
* Senior Resident Lifetime License - Issued by th Fish and Boat Commission's Headquarters and Regional offices, the County Treasurer's Office, and other authorized agents.
Senior Citizens may purchase a Senior Resident License or a Senior Resident Lifetime License anytime during the calendar year that they reach 65.
When purchasing a trout/salmon stamp for a Senior Resident Lifetime License, the stamp will be valid for the lifetime of the license holder. If lost, a new stamp will have to be purchased along with the replacement license.
     Military Information
Military Waiver - To be eligible, an angler must be a bona fide Pennsylvania resident, be on active duty, be stationed outside of PA, and be here on authorized leave. Also, proof of requirements must be carried such as a PA driver's license, military ID card, and valid military orders showing the place of assignment and leave status. While fishing, military ID must be displayed in the same way as a fishing license.
Military members who are stationed in Pennsylvania under PCS orders for 6 months or more, with documentation, qualify for a resident fishing license. All others must obtain a non-resident or tourist license.
**Guard & Reserve members qualify for the special rate if they have been deployed overseas for at least 180 consecutive days, within the previous 24 months, with documentation.
Annual Resident POW License - Applicant must be a bona fide Pennsylvania resident and provide official military documentation that applicant is a former prisoner of war.
Senior Resident Lifetime POW License - Applicant must be a bona fide Pennsylvania resident, meet the age requirement, and provide official military documentation that applicant is a former prisoner of war.


The Treasurer’s Office is open

Monday through Friday

8:30 AM to 4:30 PM


Fishing licenses are also available at most local Sporting Goods Stores.

Fishing license questions should be directed to Richard S. Irvin, 814-643-3523

FISH FOR FREE DAYS - Monday, May 28 and Monday, September 3, 2012

Link to Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission (  

Go to Treasurer's HOME PAGE