Warriors Mark Township is the northern-most municipality in Huntingdon County, It is approximately 25 highway miles from the County Seat, Huntingdon, PA. The Township borders Blair and Centre Counties on three boundaries. Warriors Mark Village was founded in 1768 and Warriors Mark Township was derived from Franklin Township and formed in 1798. According to legend, the name Warriors Mark was derived from Indian warriors of the Iroquois Federation ceremoniously marking trees in the forest midway between the current villages of Warriors Mark and Spring Mount. Although the Township remains mostly rural with agriculture the dominant economic factor, the Township is experiencing unprecedented residential growth.