|Recycling Coordinator and Administrative Assistant|
|TITLE: Recycling and Grants Coordinator for Huntingdon County Government
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position is responsible for delivering technical assistance to Huntingdon County Government and to provide solid waste and recycling services. Work includes public information and education, report writing, planning research, and various office administration tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB: (other duties may be assigned)
1. Act as a receptionist, answering the telephone and furnishing information and direction to visitors.
2. Compose reports and letters relative to recycling administration.
3. Provide public information and education on solid waste management and recycling using written articles, public speaking opportunities, and other techniques.
4. Perform administrative duties relative to various grant programs as assigned, including but not limited to: equal opportunity requirements, labor standards, procurement regulations, environmental regulations, and fiscal management
5. Conduct on-site data collection and/or inspection for information needed in connection with other duties.
6. Coordinate information needed to carry out a project with various individuals, municipalities, and agencies.
7. Serves as project manager for complex recycling projects, including special recycling collections and household hazardous waste collection.
8. Keep automated bookkeeping records for the South Central Counties Solid Waste Agency using Quick Books or similar software.
9. Process invoices for payment, type purchase orders and maintain office supplies.
10. Assist with general office tasks as assigned.
11. Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
MENTAL DEMANDS TYPICAL OF THIS POSITION:
Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks, utilize creativity, ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment, and maintain a high level of record keeping. Complete routine paperwork, provide close attention to detail, ability to work under high pressure for results, meet frequent deadlines, and work closely with others.
Ability to participate in same day in-district and/or overnight out-of-town travel for meetings and conferences using a personal or rented vehicle.
Ability to work overtime as necessary.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Strong communication, MS Office, analytical, and organizational skills required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES TYPICAL OF THIS POSITION:
Problem Solving Skills
Troubleshoots or takes initiative to solve problems
Clearly and consistently verbally communicates priorities.
Utilizes appropriate grammar, punctuation, and accuracy in written correspondence, manuals, or
Performs accurate basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
Word Processing Software
Database/Contact Management Software
Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions.
Ability to draw upon education and training.
Documentation and observation skills.
Strong organizational skills.
Ability to follow established confidentiality policy.
Ability to follow established safety standards.
Ability to use various office equipment, i.e., copier, fax, shredder, printer, etc.
Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral media.
Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Ability to follow established standards and procedures.
Ability to effectively use computer technology, including word processing, and database management.
This job description does not list all the job duties. Occasionally, supervisors or managers may ask you to perform other instructions and duties. Your evaluation is based in part upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and these other duties.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the Commission may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.